We make 2 billion Magnum ice creams a year. That’s a serious amount of enjoyment and just one example of the value we add to the lives of the 2 billion consumers using our brands every day.
Our Supply Chain plays a vital role in getting our goods to customers and consumers, from sourcing raw materials to manufacturing and delivering the end product. We play a big role in delivering Unilever’s sustainability mission too.
Our end-to-end Supply Chain leverages eight disciplines: engineering, manufacturing, procurement, logistics, customer service, planning, quality and safety, so you can develop your career in our leading-edge organisation.
Unilever Sustainable Living Plan
From sustainable sourcing to sustainable manufacturing and logistics, Supply Chain makes a huge contribution to our USLP. We’ve reduced our environmental impact by at least a third, while growing from a €40 billion to an almost €50 billion company. For example, half our sites are now zero waste to landfill.
By working with suppliers through our Partner to Win programme we expect to reach 100% sustainable sourcing for agricultural raw materials. For example, all our palm oil is sustainably sourced and, in Kenya, we train 350,000 smallholder tea growers in sustainable practices with the Kenya Tea Development Association.
Unilever's impressive supply chain
- We are ranked in the Top 10 supply chains in world by Gartner (number one in Europe)
- We are one of the largest contract logistics companies in the world, second only to DHL
- We are on track to reduce our carbon footprint by 40% by 2020
- We have 150,000 customers globally who we serve with a range of almost 60,000 products
- We source more than 200,000 different materials from 160,000 suppliers who work with up to a million smallholder farmers
- We run more than 250 factories which produce 130,000 tea bags every minute, 1 billion deodorants annually and 2 billion Magnums every year
- We collaborate with the Lotus F1 grand prix team to build a performance culture in our Supply Chain